- Dwarka attracts an annual footfall of more than 5 million tourists and it is growing
- It is one of the Chardham destinations, which every Hindu pilgrim wants to visit once in his/
- In the last 3 years, Gujarat Tourism and Dwarka temple trust have changed temple infrastructure
at a very progressive mode and many tourist as well pilgrimage spots have been renovated
- Dwarka is confined by three directions. On one side it has sea and on the other
two sides Govt. controlled no development zones
- The Growth is already saturated in the confined area, hence development started
outside these zones
- Tourists prefer the 2-3 days road trip to Junagadh, Gir, Somnath, and Dwarka
because of good connectivity.
- There are more than 100 hotels in Dwarka old city area (near temple), but there is no hotel for
leisure and vacation around the city up to 65 Kms radius
- In the peak season the vehicular entry is restricted from parking area so tourists have to walk up to
hotel and then temple. As parking facility is not available in the hotels near the temple.
Most of the hotels are developing in the outer periphery of the city.
And most of these developments are vertical developments